Duromax Xp5500Eh Electric Start-Camping & Rv Ready, 50 State Approved Dual Fuel Portable Generator-5500 Watt Gas Or Propane Powered, Blue/Black
- Plenty Of Power – With 5500 Starting Watts And 4500 Running Watts This Unit Can Handle Heavy Loads From Lights And A Refrigerator To A Home Air Conditioner And High Amperage Power Tools
- Dual Fuel Technology – This Generator Runs On Gasoline Or Propane Giving You The Freedom And Flexibility Of Fuel Choice. Low Oil Shutoff
- Powerful Engine – The Duromax 224Cc Ohv Engine Is A Workhorse That Provides Plenty Of Power To Handle Multiple Jobs From Powering High Voltage Appliances To Heavy Duty Power Tools
- Mx2 Technology – Get The Maximum Power From Each Of The 120-Volt Receptacles. Choose Between Operating The Generator At Both 120V And 240V Simultaneously Or At 120V Only With Full Power. Ideal For Usage With Rvs
- Fully Featured Power Panel – The Power Panel Includes A Wide Selection Of Outlets For Maximum Compatibility In Your Applications Including (2) 120V Household Gfci Outlets And (1) 120/240V 30A Twist Lock Outlet. The Panel Also Includes A Voltmeter And 12V Dc Charging Posts For Charging External Batteries
DuroMax XP5500EH – 50 State Approved Portable Generator with Dual Fuel Technology Are you looking for a powerful generator that you can take with you when you go camping or RVing? Look no further than the DuroMax XP5500EH. This generator has a powerful engine that can handle a variety of jobs, from powering high voltage appliances to heavy duty power tools. Plus, with dual fuel technology you can choose between running it on gasoline or propane, giving you the freedom and flexibility of fuel choice. And with the MX2 technology you get the maximum power from each of the 120-volt receptacles. Whether you’re using this generator at home or out camping, make sure to take it with you and get plenty of power for all your needs.
Westinghouse Outdoor Power Equipment Wgen9500Df Dual Fuel Portable Generator-9500 Rated 12500 Peak Watts Gas Or Propane Powered-Electric Start-Transfer Switch & Rv Ready, Carb Compliant, Blue
- 9500 Running Watts And 12500 Peak Watts (Gasoline); 8500 Running Watts 11200 Peak Watts (Propane); Remote Start With Included Key Fob Electric And Recoil Start; Up To 12 Hours Of Run Time On A 6. 6 Gallon Fuel Tank With Fuel Gauge
- Features Two Gfci 120V 5–20R Standard Household Receptacle One Transfer Switch Ready 120V L14-30R And One Rv Ready 120/240V 14–50R; All Outlets Have Rubber Covers For Added Safety
- Powered By A Heavy Duty 457Cc Westinghouse 4-Stroke Ohv Engine Featuring A Long-Lasting Cast Iron Sleeve With Automatic Low Oil Shutdown And Digital Hour Meter. Vft Display Gives You Real Time Updates With The Voltage Output Frequency And Lifetime Hours
- Plug-And-Play Comes With A Propane Regulator Remote Start Key Fob 12V Battery Charger Oil An Oil Funnel A Tool Kit Heat Resistant Plastic Wheels With Never-Flat Polyurethane Tires And A User’S Manual To Get You Started Right Out Of The Box (Minimal Assembly Required)
Westinghouse Outdoor Power Equipment WGen9500DF Dual Fuel Portable Generator-9500 Rated 12500 Peak Watts Gas or Propane Powered-Electric Start-Transfer Switch & RV Ready, CARB Compliant, Blue 9500 Running Watts and 12500 Peak Watts (Gasoline); 8500 Running Watts, 11200 Peak Watts (Propane); Remote Start With Included Key Fob, Electric and Recoil Start; Up to 12 Hours of Run Time on a 6. 6 Gallon Fuel Tank With Fuel Gauge Looking for a generator that can handle any power needs? Look no further than the Westinghouse WGen9500DF dual fuel portable generator. This generator is powered by either gasoline or propane and can run for up to 12 hours on a 6.6 gallon fuel tank. With two GFCI 120V 5-20R standard household receptacles, one transfer switch ready 120V L14-30R, and one RV ready 120/240V 14-50R, this generator has everything you need to get started. Plus, with a VFT display giving you real time updates with the voltage output, frequency, and lifetime hours, you’ll always know what’s going on.
Duromax Xp13000Eh Dual Fuel Portable Generator 13000 Watt Gas Or Propane Powered Electric Start-Home Back Up, Blue/Gray
- Powerful Duromax Engine The Xp13000Eh Is Powered By A 500Cc Ohv Duromax Engine.
- Dual Fuel Technology The Ability To Run On Propane Or Gasoline Allows The Freedom And Flexibility Of Fuel Choice.
- Plenty Of Power With 13000 Starting Watts And 10500 Watts This Unit Can Handle Heavy Loads From Lights Refrigerators Home Conditioners And High Amperage Power Tools.
- Maximum Power The Power Panel Includes A Wide Selection Of Outlets For Maximum Compatibility In Your Applications Including 1 120/240V 50A Heavy Duty Outlet 1 120/240V 30A Twist Lock Outlet 1 120V 30A Twist Lock Outlet And 2 120V 20A Household Outlets.
- Powering Everyone Anywhere Like All Duromax Generators The Xp13000Eh Is Epa And Carb Approved For Use In All 50 States.
- Complies With Emissions Standards – All Duromax Generators Are Both Approved By The Epa (Environmental Protection Agency) And Carb (California Air Resources Board) And Follow Strict Guidelines To Ensure Our Generators Are As Environmentally Friendly As Possible.
Looking for a reliable, powerful generator that you can use to power your home in case of an emergency? Look no further than the DuroMax XP13000EH! This generator is powered by a 500cc OHV Duromax engine and can run on either gas or propane, giving you the freedom and flexibility to choose the most fuel-efficient option for your needs. With 13,000 starting watts and 10,500 watts of power, this generator can handle even the most demanding tasks. Plus, with EPA and CARB approval, this generator is compliant with emissions standards in all 50 states. Don’t wait – order your DuroMax XP13000EH today!
Westinghouse Outdoor Power Equipment Wgen7500 Portable Generator With Remote Electric Start 7500 Rated Watts & 9500 Peak Watts, Gas Powered, Carb Compliant, Transfer Switch Ready
- 7500 Running Watts And 9500 Peak Watts; Remote Start With Included Key Fob Electric And Recoil Start; Up To 11 Hours Of Run Time On A 6.6 Gallon Fuel Tank With Fuel Gauge
- Features Two Gfci (Ground Fault Circuit Interrupter) 5-20R 120V Household Duplex Receptacle And One L14-30R 120/240V Twist-Lock Receptacle; All Outlets Have Rubber Covers For Added Safety
- Plug-And-Play Comes With A Remote Start Key Fob 12V Battery Charger Oil An Oil Funnel A Tool Kit And A Users Manual To Get You Started Right Out Of The Box (Minimal Assembly Required)
- Powered By A 420Cc Westinghouse 4-Stroke Ohv Engine Featuring A Long-Lasting Cast Iron Sleeve With Automatic Low Oil Shutdown And Digital Hour Meter. Output Ready Indicator No.
- All Westinghouse Portable Generators Are Functionally Tested In The Factory And May Contain Minimum Residual Oil And/Or Fuel Odor; Epa And Carb Compliant; Backed By 3-Year Limited Service Labor And Parts Coverage With Nationwide Customer Service Network
Looking for a reliable, CARB compliant generator to power all your outdoor needs? Look no further than the Westinghouse WGen7500 Portable Generator! With a running wattage of 7500 and peak wattage of 9500, this generator is sure to meet your needs. Plus, with a remote start key fob included, you’ll have everything you need to get started right out of the box.
Best Home Generator
The 7 Best Home Generators Of 2021
The best products are chosen by our editors who independently test and review them. Learn more about the. You may be eligible for commissions if you make a purchase through one of our selected links.
The ideal solution to staying connected during power cuts is to use a home generator. Installed generators remove many of the hassles that come with portable generators, such as regular refuelling, managing long extension cords, and the constant hum of an engine.
These standby generators, which are an investment in power, are more powerful and ready for use when there is no power. A typical range of seven kW to 22kW is the power available for use at home. Natural gas or propane connections are required for home generators to work. There are also diesel-fueled generators available. However, additional codes can be required to install these types of generators.
You should consider both the running and starting wattages of your generator to ensure that you have enough power for your home. Keep in mind, however, that standby generators should be connected to a transfer switch. This prevents any potential damage to your home’s electric system or generator. It also helps to avoid back-feed, which can lead to serious injury to utilities workers and even death.
This list contains the most reliable home generators available for maintaining vital functions in an emergency.
Lowe’s top picks Generac 10kW Guardian Generator
Generac PowerPact 7,500 Watt Generator at Lowe’s
6 Best Home Generators Of 2021
Avoid getting caught in the dark These top-rated backup generators will keep your home running when the power goes out.
Preparation and planning are the key ingredients to good home maintenance. Given the uptick in extreme weather , that may mean investing in a backup power generator to keep your home running in the event of disaster or an extended power outage. Aaron Jagdfeld is the CEO of Generac, who developed power generators that could be used at home in 1959. “Seventy percent of outages are caused by weather events,” he says, “but we’re seeing more everyday outages related to the nation’s aging infrastructure.” It’s no wonder 20 million U.S. households have already invested in a generator. This leaves over 100 million homes vulnerable. The Good Housekeeping Institute engineers did extensive research into the current backup power market in order to determine the top generators. Reviewing thousands of pages of specifications and testing documentation was part of the vetting process. We also tested models at home in our laboratories and homes. Power output was a key factor in choosing the correct size generator to meet your requirements. (Further information is available at the bottom). Additionally, we tested usability features such as multiple outlets and electric start. We also paid attention to safety features, as generators can prove dangerous and deadly.
The following generators were ranked in our top 10 home generators. Choose the best one and you’ll never again be caught in the dark.
Advertisement. Continue Reading Below Generac SHOPNOW. Generac’s Goldilocks Generator is a small but powerful generator that Generac claims can produce 6,500 Watts. This power output should be enough to maintain most household operations during extended outages. Five outlets allow you to charge multiple electronic devices, including the TV, fridge, AC and lights. Depending on what season it is, there are five options. A “COSense”, which turns off the unit when it is exposed to high levels, impressed our test subjects. The GP6500 is loaded with convenient features such as durable and flat wheels that make it easy to transport, a large capacity tank with an easy-to-read fuel gauge, low-oil shutoff which stops the engine overheating if oil levels drop too low, and a fuel gauge with clear readability.
How do I choose the Right Home Generator?
You’ll need to weigh a few factors to come up with the Size: Power output is measured in watts. Your essentials are what you will need during an outage. The portable generator can power a small number of electronic devices, like the computer, refrigerator and lights. You will need to have a generator capable of powering multiple heaters, sump pumps and other room appliances. For large houses, you may need a generator that produces 20,000 watts. Generac offers an online calculator to help you choose the generator that suits your needs.
Fuel type You can recharge the battery via either a solar panel, wall outlet, or plug it into a power source like a portable generator. Natural gas and propane are the two main fuels for standby generators.
Power output and price: It’s not surprising that power output is closely related to the cost of the product. You should be careful about how much power you need to continue running if you have a limited budget. Costs between $400 to $700 for small portable generators (2, 000 to 5, 000 watts). Smaller portable generators, ranging from 5,000 to 7,500 watts, cost $800-$1000. For large generators of 7,000 watts to more, the price range is $1,000 to $1,200. For standby generators small units (7500 to 10,000 Watts and up) can be purchased for between $2,000 to $3,500 while larger models ($15,000 to $20,000. The cost to install a standby generator can easily double (more details below).
Types of Fuel
There are a variety of portable power generator models that can be run using gasoline or liquid propane. Your available resources are likely to influence the fuel choice for your portable generator.
You might want to keep a portable propane tank handy in case you are out of gas. If you do have quick access to gasoline, consider the smallest emergency generator for your home, so that you don’t burn more fuel than necessary. If you want both options, there are dual fuel portable generator models that run on either fuel type.
A solar generator can be used to power a number of solar panels, if you really want to become self-sufficient. Although solar generators can provide power, it is not as efficient as portable gasoline generators. They are therefore not included in this article.
It is important to choose the right portable generator for you. This will ensure that you have enough power to handle all your emergency needs. You should know your peak power consumption. Here are two terms that matter: the running and starting watts.
The “peak watts” or starting watts, are the maximum wattage a generator can produce to start an appliance motor. Portable generators won’t be able to sustain such a high wattage for very long. Consider it as the power you would need to start your fridge.
Running Watts represent the output power of a generator while it is running for extended periods. A portable generator should have at least twice the running watts of your appliances.
To calculate just how much wattage you need, a general rule of thumb is to add up the wattage of all the appliances you want to power and multiply by 1.5. To calculate the running power, you can look at the starting watts for power-hungry appliances and then add them to your total.
This information is found on either the appliance’s sticker or in your manual. The wattage is calculated if your appliance lists watts instead of amps and volts. This will give you the running wattage that your generator needs to operate at its lowest power.
In my house, for example, I’d need to run an 864-watt dishwasher, 1,440-watt fridge, and a 3,600-watt oven. Your generator must produce at most 5,904 running W.
CNET Smart Home and Appliances Get smart home reviews and ratings, video reviews, buying guides, prices and comparisons from CNET.
Generators Up to $1,000
These high-end units might be overkill for smaller homes, but if you’re looking for high starting watts, this group is your best bet.
The Generac Model 1 059 delivers 10,000 watts of power for quick power-ups.
You’ll get 8,000 running watts for up to 11 hours at 50% load. A 7.9-gallon fuel tank feeds the 420 cc engine. Generac GP8000E backup power generation includes flat-free tires, a CO auto shutoff and six GFCI outlets.
Home Depot Champion Power Equipment 100110, $1,059
You’ll have 11,500 starting watts and 9,200 running watts at your disposal, as well as a 7.7-gallon fuel tank and 459cc engine that can power your generator at 50% load for 10 hours.
The package includes one 120/240 volt 30-amp locking outlet as well as one 120/240 volt 50 amp outlet. There are also four 120-volt 20 AMP GFCI-protected household outlets. An electronic display displays output and maintenance messages.
Home Depot Duromax Duromax XP13000EH, $11,111 This durable portable generator provides 10,500 starting watts and 13,000 running watts. An option for dual-fuel gas generators provides an average of 8.5 hours with gasoline and 6.25 hours with propane.
Generators for Whole Houses: The best
The Thomas Guide to Whole House Generators is here. Thomas has been connecting North American buyers and sellers for more 120 years. An affiliate commission may be paid to us if products are purchased through independent recommendations.
In the event of a power failure, having the best whole house generator (also known as standby generators ) at home can save the whole household from a giant disruption to your life.
A house generator will save you the hassle of waiting for the power to come back on.
A shortage of power will only make an already difficult situation worse, such as a hurricane, flood, tornado, or blizzard. A home generator creates a safe haven from the outside world and can bring peace of heart.
Big backup natural gas outdoor generator for whole house or building Image credit: Shutterstock/Radovan1 Considering that the price of one of these things can go up into the thousands, you might be thinking, is a whole house generator worth it? Let’s find out if there are cheaper alternatives.
The Best Generator
Easy to start the 2200-watt, quietest, most powerful generator, we tested, is also easy to operate.
Lowe’s may have outsourced the Honda EU2200i. The Honda generator was quietest, most lightweight and strongest. In fact, it exceeded all of its specifications and power appliances and other tools. Its distinguishing feature is its high-quality Honda engine, which is significantly larger than other generators we tested. A gas engine is not always easy to start, so that could discourage some people from purchasing a generator. The EU2200i however, was the only model of its kind that began on every pull of the cord we tried. You can monitor the Honda’s power output via Bluetooth from anywhere in your house. This new feature is not available on many generators. As with all the other picks, our EU2200i has an embedded carbon monoxide detector. It shuts off the generator if it reaches a dangerously high level. You should not run these generators indoors, or in your garage. Honda generators are well-respected in the market and have been deemed the best. However, the downside to this is the high cost. The EU2200i is typically priced over $1,000, about $400 more than other gas options. If we had to use the machine for powering our coffee machine on camping trips or in a storm-related emergency, it would be this one.
5. Duromax Xp12000Eh
Duromax XP12000EH offers the best of both worlds. Two types of fuel can be used to power it. This gives you more flexibility and decreases reliance on one single fuel type.
The device can operate all major appliances in the household.
While dual fuel generators are nothing new, hardly any other hybrid generator can beat Duromax XP12000EH in terms of their performance.
It can run on LPG and provides an impressive 11400 starting power level as well as 9025 running power. That’s enough emergency power for the whole small home or nearly entire mid-sized household. You have gasoline to provide you with 12000 watts of starting power and 9500 Watts.
With a 50% load the generator can work for up to 7 hours using propane, and as long as 8 hours using one gas tank.
The generator has a 50-amp rating and is very heavy. You cannot expect it not to make a lot of noise. However, the engine’s noise is not too loud and will not cause any disruptions in emergency situations. It would be best to keep the engine in a wooden case to limit noise levels and prevent it from being damaged by harsh weather.
Duromax XP12000EH is a great home power supply. It is a portable generator capable of handling more power-intensive devices with no hiccups.
What Generator is Best For A Household
- Generac 10-kW Guardian Series Home Standby Generator Model 7172 is the best overall.
- Best Budget: Generac PowerPact 7,500 Watt Standby Generator, Model 69981.
- Best Quiet: Cummins 13 kW QuietConnect Home Standby Generator, Model RS13A.
- Ideal for small homes: Briggs & Stratton 10-kW Automatic Home Standby Generator Model 040375.
What size generator is required to power an average home?
What is the power required to run basic household items? The power required to run essential household items is between 5500 and 7500 Watts.
How reliable are whole-house generators?
The 5 Best Whole House Generators of 2021.Generac Guardian Wi-Fi Enabled Standby Generator.Briggs & Stratton 12,000-Watt Automatic Air Cooled Standby Generator.Champion 14-kW aXis Home Standby Generator with 200-Amp Whole House Switch.Generac PowerPact 7,500 Watt Standby Generator.More items…*Nov 2, 2021.Best Home Generator